We have been in Mississippi for the last 12 days. Yes I said 12! We never intended to spend that much time away from home but when my Granny died the week prior to my cousin getting married we decided we would just stay the whole time rather than dragging the kids back and forth between Houston and Jackson.
We got into MS late Tuesday (5/11) evening. The following few days were all about my Granny. It was a lot better emotionally than I thought it would be. It was still really hard to see my Granny one last time. I'm still in disbelief that she is gone. I found some pretty funny pictures of her that I'll post another time. Growing up none of us were allowed to have gum in our mouths at my Granny's house. She couldn't stand the smacking. As one last good bye one of my cousins had a clever idea. We all got a piece of gum and wrote on the wrapper and left it in her casket. Just something special between all the cousins and my Granny. I miss her so much.
Spending 12 days in a town other than the one we are used to isn't that easy. I know how to get all over Jackson but I have no idea how to entertain a 2 and 4 year old for that length of time there. We visited several local attractions and we ate A LOT! We visited lots of family, rode bikes and swam. See some pictures in this post.
This past weekend was Ashley's wedding to Sean. Anna was asked to be the flower girl. She was a total rock star. She had everyone laughing during the wedding. She waved to everyone she recognized. She threw her dress over her head several times. She danced a little and smiled a lot. On the way back out she even tried to pick up the petals. It was hilarious. If I can figure out how to edit the video I will. I didn't get video of her entire performance but I got some of it. At the reception Anna once again stole the show with her dance moves. She stayed on the dance floor most of the night. See pictures of the wedding day here.
We are so happy to be home and to not be living out of a suit case anymore. Now if only I would have hired a maid before I left so my house would have been spotless when I got home. Oh well, you can't have everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment