Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Go Texan Day!

Once a year, Texans dress up as the cowboy/cowgirl that everyone who doesn't live in Texas already thinks we are. That day is Go Texan Day! Before I moved here from Mississippi, when I was 15, I thought everyone lived on a ranch and rode their horse to school. I had NO idea Mississippi was more country than Texas! This year Anna had a school program (FINALLY they get to do something fun for a change!) in conjunction with Go Texan Day. All the kids were asked to dress in their best rodeo gear. This of course meant I had to make a trip to Cavender's. Going to Cavender's on the first day of Rodeo Cookoff is equivalent to shopping on Christmas eve. It's jam packed all day! I found Anna a pair of pale pink boots then headed over to Target in hopes of finding something to wear. I actually found her the perfect outfit and she looked like the cutest little cowgirl ever!


My beautiful little cowgirl!


Anna & Riley



Anna's class



One of the 5 dances she performed

1 comment:

Sara McGregor said...

Love this!! So true - Everyone thinks we ride horses to work!! As a Texan - it is one of my favorite days of the year too!