Cole actually did better but he still cried. I sent Buff (his stuffed dog) in his back pack and by the end of the day he had Buff in his hand so I assume he had a moment where he needed serious comfort. I dropped him off and he started screaming. I went back 15 minutes later to check on him and he was still screaming for me. He was just standing in the middle of the room calling my name and crying his eyes out. It took all I had to walk away but I did because I knew crying never hurt anyone. I went back at noon (45 minutes early) and Susan (Anna's teacher from last year) said she went to check on him at one point and he wasn't crying. Then another lady who was there to help out said she was also in his room for a while and he wasn't crying. When I went to get him his teacher said he was in Bible and enjoying himself so I left him until 12:45. I also got to see him interact with his teacher and classmates. He was actually having fun. I got the BIGGEST smile and hug when he saw me standing at the door. I was so proud of him. Even though he cried he still did better so I think we are moving in the right direction. The picture below shows his excitement over going to school this morning. He was not happy with me.
This was taken just a few minutes ago. I'm in the process of organizing all of our crafts and coloring books. Cole asked if he could color so Anna joined him. I have to admit that they are some cute kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment