Sunday morning we got up before sunrise and headed for Georgia to see dad and Candy. As soon as we unloaded the car in GA we got on the boat and that was pretty much where we stayed all week. Blake & Shawn were there as well so we all got to hang out. The kids loved jumping off the rock again. I'm not sure why but the first time is always the easiest jumping off the rock. Tuesday afternoon several other family memebers joined us in GA. We had a big time. Too much eating, too much drinking, not enough sleeping. For the 4th of July we went over to Candy's brother's house for a party. We watched a firework show, swam and had a really good time.
On Thursday we took a break from the water and went to the farm. This place is pretty awesome. We rode four-wheelers, had a horse shoe tournament (Dad beat Nathan in the final round), shot skeet and ate way too much fried food! When in the country eat like it, right!
We had such an awesome time but we were exhausted! On Saturday we headed back to MS where we had a fun night playing dominoes with my aunts and uncles. Nathan's 35th birthday was the following weekend but we were going to be out of town so the kids and mom made him a cake before we left. We also went to dinner. It poured down rain most of the week so that limited what we could do. We went to the movies and the Natural Science Museum. Mainly we just hung out around the house.
Friday moring Nathan and I got up super early to fly to NYC!! I was so ready for this trip. We made it to Connecticut Friday afternoon and hung out with the Martone's until Sunday. We had a blast going out for Nathan's birthday with some of his coworkers on Saturday. I took pictures on Jenn's camera and forgot to download them before I left town. Sunday we took the train to NYC and ate lunch with Jenn and Chris. Later that day we met up with Tracy and her friend who lives in the city. She took us to a cool bar on an old boat on one of the piers. My objective for this trip was to see more of what the locals do. After that she took us up to the Upper West Side where she lives. I love seeing where regular people live in NYC. Of course it started raining so Nathan and I took a cab back to our area of town and had a quick dinner. The next morning Tracy and I got up before 6:00 am to meet at the Today show. I've always wanted to do this and Tracy had it on her to do list so it was up to us to wake up and do it. We got front row standing room. We were on TV several times. We got to see Savannah Guthrie and Natalie Morales. Matt & Al were out that day. After the Today show we went to eat at Ellen's Stardust Singing Diner. It was sort of a fluke that we went there. We were basically just tired of walking. Whatever it was it was fate because we came face to face with Dave Navarro. This is only a big deal because everytime I go to NYC I look for celebrities and don't see them. Katie Holms has half of Manhattan following her around yet I didn't see her at all. Either way it was cool to see him. After that we headed for the hotel and the airport.
2 comments:
Just reading about your trip made me tired. I'm glad you guys had a great time!
Dang, how do you get away with all of this traveling! Sounds like tons of fun!
Post a Comment