Monday, January 26, 2009

Why is this so hard?

Nathan and I have made the decision to put Dusty down. He's 14! He actually shares the same birthday as Cole. Every since Jager died he's been lonely. He also has tons of huge tumors all over his body and he's deaf and almost blind. Truth is he should have gone before Jager but Jager's body just gave out. Nathan is going to take him tomorrow morning at 9:30 while the kids and I are out looking at Anna's new school. My stomach is turning just thinking about all of this.

2 comments:

Betty said...

Melissa,
I don't know if you knew but we had to do the same with Tucker about 2 weeks ago and my heart still aches and a day does not go by that I don't cry over losing him. Jackie is also mourning his death. She hardly eats and cannot be alone. They have always had each other and it's been hard on all of us-those furry creatures do something amazing and beyond our understanding to families that fall in love with them.

My prayer for you is for peace in this decision knowing he will finally be with his best friend again-just like the good old days!

Sending you and your family lots of hugs today and tomorrow,
The Apples

Katie said...

I'm so sorry. I know that is such a hard decision to make. Hope everyone is doing okay tonight. Hang in there.