Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 4th at the lake

We had another awesome weekend at the lake to celebrate the 4th of July holiday. As usual we took way too many pictures to post. Some will never be posted! Those are only for those us of lucky enough to have seen it all in person. We headed to the lake midday Friday and came home late Monday night. The kids love going to the lake to play, swim and ride on the boats and jet skis.

Cole caught his first fish on this trip. Previously we had not let him fish with a real hook but he's really into fishing and he can cast his line like no other 3 year old I know so Nathan went ahead and hooked him up. I sat outside with him for about 30 minutes on Monday morning waiting on this fish to bite. Finally I had decided it was hot enough so I needed to go in and get a quick shower and put my bathing suit on. I was inside for 10-15 minutes. He caught the fish while I was inside! Oh well at least everyone else got to see his excitement in person. I had to settle for photos that Deidra ran out to take. He was over the moon with excitement when he got the fish. In the bottom middle picture I was asking him how big his fish was. You can see he has his arms stretched out. He's already great at telling fish stories!




We also did A LOT of posing this weekend. Everytime we turned around there were three cameras ready to capture every move. Alexis was learning to walk and finally took off on Sunday!



Monday night we took a late boat ride in hopes of getting some sunset pictures. More posing ensued and we got some great pictures!


My babies are so beautiful!



In all we had 13 adults, 5 kids and 6 dogs all in one house and RV!


This moment will go down as one of the funniest the lake house has ever had. If you can't tell from my face, it was way too funny and unfortunately not rated PG therefore can't be shared here.




Enjoying the cupcakes Mrs. B brought them!

No comments: